In Obergurgl, winter goes into overtime
Ötztal: Skiing in one of the most snow-sure valleys in Austria
While in other places the hiking boots are already taken out again, the people of the Ötztal still indulge in their favorite activity: Skiing. No surprise - at an altitude of up to 3,000 meters above sea level, guaranteed snow is only natural. Just as natural as the amenities you can expect in your ski holidays in Obergurgl: Enjoy the warmth of the sun on the terraces of the Alpine huts. Go down the
slopes in mild temperatures even without your ski jacket. Make the most of the width of the slopes. It is the most quiet time at the Obergurgl-Hochgurgl skiing area. It is the time for sports enthusiasts and couples who love to spend days in the snow far from the hustle and bustle of high season.
Delight on and off-piste in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl
Here in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl, everyone will find their favorite spot. The ski huts of the skiing area are surely a good bet in this respect. Here, you can enjoy traditional Tyrolean delicacies, drink a freshly tapped beer, and feel the sun on your face.
Apart from the fun on the slopes, active pleasure can also be found in freeriding. Experienced skiers with good equipment can glide through the untouched powder slopes on their own, while beginners better trust in the support of professional ski guides and instructors. Ski touring, and leaving one's tracks in the sparkling white, or trudging through the scrunchy snow on snow shoes. Marvellous experiences in the open countryside for all sports enthusiasts. If you do not have the necessary equipment, you can rent it from one of the numerous shops and rental stations here at the Ötztal.
10 reasons for an end-of-the-season skiing vacation in Obergurgl
- 110 kilometers of groomed pistes
- No waiting, no standing in line, lots of space on the slopes
- 6 black pistes as well as 2 ski routes for experienced skiers
- Rustic bars and restaurants for a break in between
- Sun terraces with marvellous panoramic view and deck chairs
- Freeriding paradise for adrenaline junkies
- Snowboard park at the Obergurgl-Hochgurgl skiing area
- Hotel Alpenland is situated right at the slopes - ski in / ski out
- Wonderful ski touring routes for beginners and pros
- Top Mountain Star - Culinary delights at over 3,000 meters above sea level